"Jacob + Charlotte"

"Jacob + Charlotte"

Thursday, September 4, 2014

What's With the Blog Name?

It's a dorky play on words. My name is Charlotte, and I don't know if it's because people don't hear the name too often or I'm just a mumbler (I'm not), but when I tell them my name they will say, "Charlene? Cheryl? Shirley?" Um, no. So I always say, "You know, like Charlotte's Web." This method is tried and true- people won't mistake my name for another. Thank you, E. B. White!




Okay, don't get me wrong- spiders freak me out (almost to the point of arachnophobia... just ask my husband), but I do have a respect for black widows because of that children's novel. Perhaps because in the book, Charlotte is collected, practical, motherly, she sees the best in Wilbur that humans don't see, and she is loyal. Or perhaps just because that spider is terrifying and deadly. But anyway, if a character in a well-known children's book has such an honorable personality, why wouldn't I strive to be the same way- even if her bodily structure is as frightening as can be?? Now, 'webbery' is just a fun, made-up word that resembles the meaning (or my version of the meaning) of 'web.' I imagine an intricate spider's web- it is a complicated structure of silk strands, yet it serves for a simple purpose- to catch, captivate, or enthrall.

Intricate, diverse, having many interrelated parts, yet embracing simplicity. This is the vision I have for this blog. I want to teach you something, amuse you, or even just relate to you in many different, eclectic ways. Not just one. I love too many things to choose just one niche... but it is all for one reason. I want to share the things I love and am passionate about. Maybe even just one person will benefit from it or appreciate it... and to me, that is worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment