"Jacob + Charlotte"

"Jacob + Charlotte"

Wednesday, September 10, 2014

I Hear Wedding Bells!!

Okay, so I've been hearing them for a while now. :) My husband proposed to me on December 22, 2013 and we were legally married on April 18, 2014. Yay! We are newlyweds! But we haven't had an actual ceremony yet. My elegant, vintage wedding dress is still awaiting me- states away- in my old closet.

*Sigh* Oh, how I long to try on this beautiful masterpiece of a garment again. I've only worn it once and I never wanted to take that gown off. That's one sign of it being "THE dress." ;)

We did what many military couples have done and got married at the courthouse. I was against doing that when we first got engaged ONLY because of the sentimental factor. I didn't want to have any regrets about the day I married my husband and I didn't want the impersonal nature of a courthouse marriage to take away anything from the actual wedding ceremony that we would have at a later date (2015, wha, what!). But when it came down to being allowed to move with my soulmate to his new duty station and marrying him without a big, planned out wedding, or moving on my own months later, I DEFINITELY chose to go with him. I don't have any regrets. We are still looking forward to our ceremony with our friends and family and I am also making all of the invitations and some decorations (which I will post tutorials of at a later date), so I still feel like a giddy, impatient bride. :) No sentimentality lost here!
Shout out to all brides-to-be and newlyweds!! If you're the bride of a Marine and you are faced with the pros of getting married in a courthouse and having a wedding at a later date... consider it, go through the pros and cons with each other for your particular situation, and come to a conclusion with your significant other. Just know that in my case, I have never been happier because I chose to be with the man of my dreams (cliche, I know, and an understatement) as soon as I possibly could. And I STILL have the joys of planning for a wedding- with him in the same state-- and house-- I add!! And YES those are the garters I bought!! Get them from militarysweetthings.com!!

*Please note that I am addressing the mature, soon-to-be Marine wives... not the deplorable, adolescent girls- at any age- who fool themselves and everyone else into believing they're in love with a man when they have any intentions of merely using the benefits he earns and wearing his rank themselves. Those GIRLS can screw off.*

Have a blast planning your wedding. Make it exactly what you both love. And be WITH the one you love if you have the opportunity... the ones who have gone months without even so much as HEARING from their spouse and therefore wondering about his/her safety will fully comprehend the importance of taking advantage of every single second WITH their spouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment